Sunday, January 11, 2009

Shoeless Joe Jackson

My big boys started playing basketball a few weeks ago. We went to buy some new shoes for them to play in.
Of course they wanted basketball shoes. But instead of getting these....




They opted for these...



Very retro don't you think? They think they're cool. I think they are 70's flashbacks. For some reason I remember an ad that went something like "Converse Makes Them, But Sears Gives Them Soul."

Of course my middle baby HATES to wear shoes. We call him Shoeless Joe Jackson because if there is an opportunity to go barefoot, he will take it. Many times we will be almost to school before we realize he has no shoes on. Back home we go to get the shoes.

Yesterday we headed out to our first basketball game of the season. As we pulled in the parking lot, I looked back at Mr. Shoeless and instead of the cool Converse shoes he HAD TO HAVE to play basketball in, he had on these...


"Where are your basketball shoes?"

"At home."

"I thought you wanted those basketball shoes for basketball games?"

"They take too long to put on."

Thus ends the mystery of Shoeless Joe Jackson. Shoes just take too long to put on.


I then couldn't get this image out of my head...



"Dude! I am so wasted!"

No comments: