Friday, January 9, 2009

My Son, Ozzy...

Our wee lad goes to preschool at our church - which is really a big church. When we leave preschool we walk down a sidewalk that faces all the offices of all the staff at the church. Sometimes I feel we are on parade as we walk to and from class.

Yesterday I was having trouble getting the wee lad to the car. He took his time, smelled the flowers and generally just sauntered around. As the good mother I am I walked to the car and made statements like "Let's go!" "Let's get in the car!" "Okay, I'm leaving!" "Do you want to stay here or come with me?"

All of the statements fell on deaf ears. I'd peak back to the sidewalk and he continued to look at the flowers and rocks and basically not mind.

The next thing I hear is "I gotta go potty." Hmmm. Did he say potty? Then I hear "I'm going to go potty on the grass."


W.A.I.T. A. M.I.N.U.T.E!!!!


As I was registering these words and running back towards him, he was attempting to pull his pants down and pee on the grass at our church!

NOOOOO! Please!!!

I ran back towards him to scoop him up in my arms and hurry him back to the building. All the while my panicked head thought -

A - Who saw him do this?

B- We are so going to get kicked out of church for befouling the church property!

C- That boy is just like Ozzy!


Do you guys remember Ozzy - not The Osborne's Ozzy - but Ozzy of Old? Well here's a brief walk down memory lane from a history of Ozzy's past in our fair city...

February 1982, Ozzy visits the Alamo, a national shrine in Texas. Drunk in his hotel room he decides to dress up as a woman and go outside to snap some pictures. During film reloading, Ozz felt the need to relieve himself. He walks over to this half knocked down wall and starts taking a leak. That piece of wall turned out to be part of the Alamo building. Ozzy was thrown in jail and banned from ever playing in San Antonio, Texas again. (a ban which was lifted in 1992)





A mother can only be so proud...

No comments: