I have a funny and loving DH. But I also have a strong work-ethic workaholic DH.
As he gets older I notice his interest in work is waining. So, instead of working 60+ hours a week, he's now down to a normal 40-50.
Yesterday he had to go out of town for work. In some ways life gets easier when he's traveling. The house seems to be cleaner, the kids are calmer and we get in bed earlier and without a hitch.
In some ways it's harder. Like when we have to go to a Cub Scout meeting and the baby is on the edge of a meltdown.
Last night as we came in from the Cub Scout meeting and the baby was starting to freak out and scream and state NO all the time, The Intellect said "Mom, go take care of the baby and I'll cook dinner." Hello?
So I gave the baby his bath and got him dressed for bed and The Intellect made soup and sandwiches for dinner! Not to be outdone, Shoeless Joe Jackson decided to whip up a batch of guacamole just to add to the fun!
My big boys are such great helps and I love this age. I wish I could just freeze time. Or at least appreciate it as long as it lasts!
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment