Ok, this is not a morbid post. Although the last few weeks have involved funerals and such, this post will go in a whole different direction.
The other day on Good Morning America, Anita Renfroe (http://www.anitarenfroe.com/news.htm) was discussing why women sometimes get stuck in a fashion rut. Why do some women keep that 80's hair, or wear that 60's eye make-up or the 90's style? Anita pointed out that, apparently these women looked good during that specific era. Real good. Due to this, they are always trying to get back to that BEST picture look. Even if it's 20 or 30 years later.
According to Anita, everyone wants a great picture that can be set up at their funeral. People want to be remembered as beautiful. Thus, they get stuck in a fashion rut to try and redeem that look and get a good pic for their funeral.
I do believe Ms. Anita is correct. I mean, have you ever looked at the obituaries just to see a picture of someone from 1945? That's when they looked good so that's the picture for the funeral!
Once I heard the great wisdom of Anita Renfroe I started wondering, do I have a good picture for my funeral? I mean, what if a bus knocked me over today, would there be a good picture to place out for all those to remember me by? Where is that picture? Should I give it to my husband today, just so he knows exactly which picture to use?
On a totally different note, I am a huge Facebook fan (new layout and all!). The other day I friended a guy who I knew in High School. He was such a hoot back then and I noticed he stated he was interested in Photoshop. Since I hadn't seen him in several years, I thought, to make conversation, I'd ask him about Photoshop. What did he like about it? Where did he get it? Is it a downloadable program from the Internet or one you buy somewhere?
and turn it into this picture!

DANG! Thanks to my Photoshop friend and Jessica Alba's body, I look FABULOUS!
Now, I have a whole new respect for Photoshop and a GREAT photo for my funeral!
Thanks Photoshop friend! You've done more than any plastic surgeon could have. You are my new BFF!! And maybe you have a new career - helping those looking for a funeral pic to find a perfect one! And pulling all us gals out of our fashion rut.


4 comments:
You nut! I have a copy of PS you can borrow next time I see you. Then you can learn it and teach me. Then we can doctor photos to our hearts' content.
Will it take pounds off my face, too? Because that would totally make me purchase photoshop!
Hi! Nice to meet you! I just came over from the Women's Colony. Love your post about photoshop. I'm thinkin I should do that too. Everyone should have a good funeral picture on hand!
That is a riot! I need to get right on that and friend a photoshop expert from my past. Who doesn't need a great funeral picture is right! Fun post :)
Post a Comment