(See that great perm? I loved that thing. When are perms going to be back in style?)
My FIL was living on a boat in the keys so we heading to the southern most point of the states for a visit. We had a great time and I bought a couple of Key West t-shirts to commemorate the trip.
I have loved these shirts to death - literally. I have worn them and slept in them for the past 17 years.
But, alas, it is time to retire them. They have holes - everywhere.
They are almost x-rated to wear.
Since they are gray and gray t-shirts just seem so comfy to me, yesterday I purchased a new soft gray shirt to replace these.
My family is rejoicing. I am mourning.
Although I won't wear them anymore, I will save them for memory purposes!
Let's see if this new gray bad boy t-shirt can last 17 years! I dare ya!


3 comments:
I have a hard time parting with precious torn, but loved tee shirts as well. I have 2 from my honeymoon 22 yrs ago and many others packed away with my wedding dress :)
You could have the Key West part of them quilted into a blanket/quilt. That way you get to keep the memory and still get use them just in a different way. I keep meaning to do this with some of my old t-shirts.
I turned my oldest son's favorite sweatshirt into a pillow. That was back in preschool days... he's a high school junior now, and he STILL sleeps with it, even on church mission trips! (Luckily, it's small enough to throw in the washing machine.)
Post a Comment