Our scouting usually involves the boys hanging out together and doing fun things.
Last night our Boy Scout fun involved going to a Rampage Hockey game and then doing a sleep-over at the AT&T center. It was called Polar Bear blast.
The kids were psyched. So freaking excited. DH and I were a bit more apprehensive. We are past the age where sleeping in random places constitutes a good time.
I can go on and on as to the evening events - but do I bore you with the details? Like, when we arrived with the other 500 Boy Scouts and I mentioned to my DH "How many of these kids will barf tonight?" Mainly because a mass of humanity, wild kids and bad food usually involved someone barfing.
And, the friends we went with ended up having two of their children barfing before all was said and done (Sorry AP! Hope your kiddos are feeling better!).
Or, do I tell you about how sleeping on the floor of the AT&T center was like the Super Dome in New Orleans after Katrina? Or that the flooring, which covered the original ice flooring, began to sweat with the heat of all the people so everyone's sleeping bags began to get wet?

Or do I just stick to the highlights like the kids getting their picture on the JumboTron, taking their picture with T-Bone the mascot and both getting shirts that were catapulted at them?
Or, do I just report the internal action? The shock, confusion and exhaustion on the parents' faces. Parents who were trying to keep up with kids who were sugared up and running crazy. Parents who were trying to figure out what to do with their camping gear as the kids ran around. Parents who were dreaming of sleeping children, a comfortable couch and a glass of wine.
You have really got to love something fierce to put up with an evening such as this. And, as awful as it was from a parenting perspective, the kids made great memories.
Like the Hokey Pokey, isn't that what's its really all about?


2 comments:
OMG!!!! I can't stop laughing...probably because I was there and am still completely exausted!!! I think it is seriously going to take a week to get over last night.
What I want to know is how many kids (in total) ended up barfing? ;)
It was definitely an act of love on your part. Good job, mom!
Post a Comment