A Frat House is crazy enough as is. A house mother should only do one thing - that is maintain the Frat House. Meals and cleaning and keeping the Frat Boys in line is enough work without adding one more complication.
But, I did it. I added and now I'm swamped.
My mom bought a business. I was happy for her and supportive of her, but now I work for her. She is busy and needs help with computer stuff and marketing. Now I'm in up to my eyeballs. Although I'm loving it, it's taking every free minute of my time.
On top of that our fair city is now under a Swine Flu alert. I know the whole country is but one of our local school districts is totally shut down due to 3 -4 confirmed and a possible dozen or more cases. Our church was asked by the CDC to not hold services yesterday and basically that whole side of town is closed for business.
I spoke to a friend and good source at the CDC. This person gave me a stern warning to not even send my kiddos to school (our district is still open). I'm trying to decide what to do. Freak out and keep them indoors and away from others or just live life normally until further notice. Also the TAKS test is tomorrow and I can't imagine not sending my kids for that.
I even acted like a crazed person today by going to the grocery store and buying like we're having a hurricane. My freezers and cupboards are stocked to the gills. If we have to be shut in for any length of time we'll definitely not go hungry!
Will try and keep you posted on the Swine Flu accounts from our end of the world and please try and do the same for us on your end!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm sure it's hard to keep your head above water. Thank goodness for MDO - when it is open! We had one school in Richardson close yesterday for reported cases of the swine flu. I'm sitting here with all of my class intact, constantly slaterhing on antibacterial gel in between hand washings. Makes me want to use some again.
Laurie, take care of yourself! Hope the swine flu business goes away. NOW would be good.
Any updated news on this?
Our district just sent home a letter stating that the schools would NOT close if we had a case. However, we are not in TX with the kind of numbers all y'all have had down there.
Stay healthy!
Post a Comment