your personal trainer fires you! Can you believe it? I'm paying this man and he fires me! What the...?
Yes, I know I'm suppose to workout on other days when I don't meet with him. Yes, I know he's not seeing any progress. Yes, I know I should watch what I eat, drink, smell, sip, etc. Yes, I know he's frustrated but, but, but.....everyone I know has a big but...
Of course, to my defense, when we started six weeks ago, I explicitly said I wanted to work on my abs. Not once, in the past month and a half has he had me do one ab exercise! We've done circuit training, cardio, legs and shoulders but - no abs! Every time we start a session I say "okay, let's spend the whole hour on abs". He says "do abs at home." If I was going to do abs at home, I wouldn't have hired him now, would I?! I'm lazy! I need that extra push! I need a trained hand to guide me to a beautiful bod! That's your job man!
He says if I would eat right and do cardio my abs would be fine. I guess a 20 year old kid can't understand the inner workings of a Mother of Three's abdominal wall. It doesn't exist dude! I need the extra help in that area! I need the Boot Camp of Ab exercises! Not small meals and cardio! Okay, I do need small meals and cardio - but abs baby! Please help me out!
Also, he can't understand why I don't run. In his mind, if I just ran and trained for a marathon, my abs would be in perfect shape. Back to the scenario of being a mother of three - running is not something that works for me anymore. I mean, I'd have to buy stock in Depends if I started running!
My 20 year old boy trainer wanted me to find a new trainer. He said he'd read all the books on training and it wasn't working for me. He suggested we stop meeting and he find me a new trainer. I said "you got an older gal who's had kids? That's the trainer for me!" He introduced me to a great gal who is the mother of two. When he introduced us he told her his spill on how he'd read all the training books. She told him that "no book in the world can explain how to train a woman." I love her already! She also told me her secret regarding a need for Depends! And she's in her 30's!
I know I'll have great abs soon!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment