Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Beautiful Surprise

My boys have always surprised me.

Before I had boys I had such a preconceived notion from what to expect. Broken windows, snakes in the house, chaos and more chaos.

Of course, we've had our share of chaos and broken windows, but I'm always surprised at how much my boys don't fit the preconceived mold I had in my head before they arrived.
For example, my boys had friends spend the night yesterday. These two brothers that are visiting are in the 5th grade and 2nd grade. My two older boys are in the 3rd grade and 2nd grade.
My oldest son wanted to make cookies with his 5th grade friend. Now, I wasn't sure how a 5th grade boy would feel about making cookies with a 3rd grader. Isn't that uncool? Too girly?

My oldest son asked his 5th grade friend to make chocolate chip cookies with him. I braced myself for the ridicule this 5th grader would give my son. "Oh gross! That's what girls do! That's stupid!"

To my surprise the 5th grader said "Sure! But can we make chocolate drop cookies? I have a great recipe for that!"

What? He has a preferred chocolate cookie recipe? How cool is that?!

The 5th grader pulled the recipe off the internet and the cookie making ensued! It was a beautiful thing! They had a ball! The cookies were fabulous! And they agreed to make us all tacos for breakfast!





We all loved the cookies and the tacos!





I love the surprises boys can bring!

No comments: