Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Wake Up Call

Every year I try and do the right thing during the holidays. Minimal gifts, spending Christmas day cooking dinner at the homeless shelter, giving to the poor and needy. And every year I fail.


I think of these good deeds during other times of the year.


Once Thanksgiving hits, I start the scramble. Gifts for the kids, family, and oh! Don't forget the teachers and neighbors and Christmas cards! And the cookie exchanges and ornaments to exchange and the cooking and the decorating and, and, and....oh I totally forgot about the poor and needy. Oh well, maybe next year.


I know I sound like a scab here, but I'm just being honest.


Well, my good blog friend Mrs. G set me straight this morning. Catch this great video she put on her blog:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVqqj1v-ZBU

Here are some great sites to give water to those who don't have clean water to drink:


http://www.bloodwatermission.com/


http://water.cc/

http://www.adventconspiracy.org/


Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Mrs. G. said...

These videos really hit me in the gut too.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!