I mentioned Mrs. G.'s post yesterday and, not like I'm stalking or anything (I save that for Anthony Bourdain),
I started thinking about Mrs. G's "Daily Dose of Mancakes."
I always like a little mancake with my coffee in the morning.
I also started thinking about the mini mancakes I'm raising everyday. In my mind they are awesome and some gals in the near future will enjoying gazing at them too.
My oldest mini-mancake is perfection in the making. He is a Martha Stewart recipe to the highest degree. He is full of details, full of smarts and spends all his free time reading. Since I am not good at details, he keeps me in line when his daddy's at work. When oldest mini-mancake asks me to check his homework and I find wrong answers, he always has to re-read the homework instructions to me to show me he had it right all along. I love this little guy and, from a mancake perspective, he is a perfectly detailed petite four with a fine expensive French wine. Some gal is going to love this one and he, in turn, will keep her in the finest linens and things around!
My middle mini-mancake is an organic delight. He's a recipe straight out of the Moosewood Lodge vegetarian cookbook. Sweet to the core and not a preservative in sight. If he were an actual recipe, he'd be made with unbleached flour, non-processed sugar and applesauce instead of oil. If we used eggs in the recipe, they would be range free with no hormones. Did I mention the hair on this guy? God knew I had an affinity for dark curly hair, so he gave my middle mini-mancake dark curly hair in spades! This middle mini-mancake will melt some gals heart. He is always thoughtful, always concerned for his fellow man and will probably follow in Mother Teresa's footsteps. The gal for him will be very happy and he will think of her and be concerned for her feelings always.
My baby mini-mancake is a spicy treat. He is full of cayenne pepper and habeneros. He is wild and woolly and crazy man! If this little guy was a dish, he'd be too hot to ingest. He'd be an Indian curry, a Spanish extra hot picante sauce and a Cajun three alarm Tabasco. He moves, he shakes, he climbs, he jumps and when he's tired, he hits. For this old mama, he keeps me on my toes and young at heart. The gal for him will have to have an iron strength will and won't take crap off of anyone. She'll have to keep him in line. He will love her like the dickins' but will push the envelope at every turn.
Oh my sweet mini-mancakes! There's nothing like them and they melt my heart everyday. I love these monkeys!



No comments:
Post a Comment