Monday, June 23, 2008

Please Excuse The Noise and Mess, The Kids Are Making Happy Memories

Good Morning Again -

We've made it through another summer weekend. Pretty much the status quo. Running errands, guitar lessons, church and visiting with friends in between. We are back to another week and it looks pretty uneventful on this Monday morning! We will spend the week running errands and getting ready for our Virginia trip as well as swimming and playing.

For some reason I want to explain one of the songs from my last post. It's the Celine Dion song. Although I know Celine is a fine singer and all, I've never been a big fan. A few years ago when my dad died, we were planning the funeral and the song "Because You Love Me" came on the radio. I thought it was a perfect song to describe how I felt about my dad. We played it at his funeral and it just speaks volumes to me. I really think it was a "God Thing" that the song came on while we were planning the funeral and how perfect it was. Now, everytime I hear it, it reminds me of my dad.

Also I forgot to mention the one song my parents taught me when I was little that still sends chills up my back when I hear it - and brings a tear to my eye - The Eyes of Texas! How could I have missed that song on my list?! And, of course, we also played it at my dad's funeral. For those of you who know me and my family, it was totally appropriate for my dad!




1 comment:

Kristin (kekis) said...

It's funny how certain songs - no matter who the artist is - just meet you where you are at the right time.

YOU know "The Eyes of Texas"? Really? :)

Hope to see you guys on the 4th!