Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm Confused.

For some reason I can't figure out how to organize three boys and their summer activities.

One is sick but two want to go swimming - like I promised.

One doesn't want to swim in the Championship meet this weekend, so I called to say we wouldn't be participating in the meet. The other is totally offended that he doesn't get to swim in the meet. My bad for calling before checking with both of them.

If one boy does participate in the Championship meet there are extra practices that I hadn't scheduled for this week. Gotta figure that one out.

I need to go to work.

One has been asked to go to Fiesta Texas next week. Should I take all three so there won't be crying and gnashing of teeth?

If I take all three, the baby can't ride all the rides so the baby and I either sit around and wait on the big boys to ride the rides or we separate from the pack.

Do I schedule something for the other two to do that day of Fiesta Texas?

Do I get a flow chart out on how to organize myself?

Do I run, screaming through the town trying to figure it out?

I believe I am only beginning to deal with this kind of chaos every summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recommend running & screaming. j/k

It's never too early for the boys to learn that all don't always get to do the same activities. Maybe the ones who stay home get a special time doing something with you... making cookies, playing on the slip'n'slide, whatever.
Today my oldest 3 boys are off at a youth group function. The youngest is playing with a friend.

SassyMom4 said...

I just read this...so glad yesterday worked out! A had a blast with W...it just couldn't have been any "FUNNER"!