Kekis tagged me to do a mini-interview. Here are her questions and here are my answers!
As you were growing up, under whose watch could you get away with the most – mom or dad?
Couldn't get away with anything with my mom. Never had to try to get away with anything with my dad. Just had to tell him and be honest and he was always understanding.
What is the most difficult thing you’ve experienced thus far in your life?
Lot's of things. Silly stuff like exams in graduate school (due to my horrible ADD) and real world stuff like my dad dying, planning his funeral, caring for his elderly parents, watching them pass, caring for their estate, etc.
It's hard to be in a sandwich generation where I am planning the birth of my third baby and trying to figure out nursing homes, power of attorney and estate things for my grandparents. Wore me flat out. Not only physically and emotionally but also grieving during a time of blessing. Weird experience.
How did you get through it, and what did you learn from it? I got through it by putting on my big girl panties and realizing this is what being a grown-up is all about. I learned so many things. That love is all that really matters. I thought I knew this but when you life throws you hard times you realize that love and family are what matters and what gets you through.
I remember planning my dad's funeral with my step-mom and my sister. We went to Pappasito's across the street from the funeral home, drank margaritas and discussed tough issues. We all really love each other and had such respect for what we each were going through. We held each others emotional hand and did the best we could. It was beautiful when the funeral director noted how easy working with our family was and how much she enjoyed watching us deal with a difficult situation by respecting each other and cooperating with each other. It really strengthened our bond by going through this together.
I also remember going through my grandfather's failed heath and having to make tough decisions about what kind of care was best for him. Emotionally it was so difficult and my sweet husband just ran with it. He loved my grandfather and made sure my grandfather had the best care, the best nurses and that all situations were taken care of with top priority. That was a difficulty year. I had a newborn and two older boys to care for and my husband made sure he was at the nursing home each night to care for my grandfather, put him to bed and watch him fall asleep. We were stretched so thin but love got us through. What we were doing and how exhausted we were all was due to the love we were giving out. It was beautiful and tiring all at the same time.
Who was your favorite teacher and why? Mrs. Irons - 2nd grade. She was always happy but tough. If the boys got into fights she made them hug to make up. The boys didn't want to hug each other so there weren't many fights! She would walk us to the corner store to get an Icee and she always had cherry sours on her desk to give out for good deeds. She taught me that discipline doesn't have to include yelling and anger. It can be done in a positive and funny way and still accomplish it's task.
When you were a little girl, how many children did you want? Three. Got those but always thought there would be a girl in the picture!
What is one piece of advice you’ve been given that you will never forget? How funny. I can't remember any advice. I can remember people's actions. Mrs. Thompson always laughing at our childhood antics. Mrs. Biggerstaff wanting to hear our high school late night antics and laughing. My dad laughing at my silliness. My grandfather looking at me and telling me how much he loved me. My babies looking at me when they were born and trying to figure out who I am and where they are. Life is all about love.
If YOU would like to play along here are the directions:
1. Leave me a comment & your e-mail address saying, "Interview Me" if you dare.
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
The first five 'askers' get the interview!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment