Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sweet Summer Rain

It's been raining here all afternoon and into the night. I am sitting here listening to the thunder roll in. It's just awesome! We had assumed there would be tons of rain back home due to Ms. Dolly showing up in the Gulf but, word has it there hasn't been a drop! I guess we can enjoy it here nonetheless.

We will start packing up tomorrow to leave on Friday. I am truly sad about heading home. I'm not ready for the heat nor am I ready to get back to doing the housework/parenting stuff on my own. Here there has been a nanny (OMGOSH - she is fabulous! She has great activities planned for the kids all day and takes them to museums and such, etc. etc.!), at night my mom and sister cook dinner and clean the kitchen and my BIL and I watch the kids. It has been great to have a team to help with all the child care and household activities I mostly do by myself. This really has been a great vacation and I'm not ready to head back to reality.

The plan for now is to head through Atlanta, tour the aquarium, head to East Texas, pick out roofing material for the house there and be back home on Tuesday.

Hot-lanta! Here we come!




1 comment:

Kristin (kekis) said...

Yes, the end of vacation is always a cruel trick snatching out of your sleep into the nightmare of reality! Have a safe trip home and let us know if you swing through town. Give G, A, J, & K hugs for us!