Monday, July 6, 2009

The Best Day Ever!

When we began planning our California trip everyone said "You'll love San Diego." I always asked "What will we love about it? What is there to do? What should we plan to do?" All the answers were the same. "There's a ton to do. You'll be busy. The zoo is good."

All the answers seemed a bit vague but the response was always the same. "You'll love San Diego."

What was it about the elusive San Diego? What would we love? What would we do?

We've now been here two full days and I can now claim, I love San Diego!

We have been busy non-stop and pretty much have just bummed around.

Take yesterday. We started at the Del for brunch. It was beautiful. It was fabulous.

After brunch we walked around the hotel and the shops. The kids the found the beach.
The beautiful beach of the Pacific ocean. It was all we could do to drag them back to the house to get their swimsuits on.

We then got a couple of kites and went back to the beach. Beautiful and fun.

We then rushed home to get ready for the summer concert in the park. How much fun!

There were a ton of people but everyone was friendly. There was room to spread out our blankets and enjoy the music. The kids played at the park and we had dinner and it was wonderful!

After leaving the 100+ degree weather in Texas, the 66 degree evening at the park was perfect!

Off today to Mission Beach! More swimming, flying kites and scoping out surf shops!

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

I am going to have to quit reading your updates...I am so jealous! The beach is so beautiful! I forget how awesome it is compared to our beaches. Glad you are having fun. Hope you guys come back!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Have a terrific time!