Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Cat. What Cat? That Crazy Funky Junky Cat!

Okay, if you understand the title - you've been watching way too much Disney Channel. Of course, I never watch that channel. Especially Hannah Montana, Zach and Cody and Witches of Waverly Place. And we didn't watch the Cheetah Girl Movie last night instead of the Olympics. Nope, never watch it.


Jungle Love
Now that we have this precious puppy in our house, our cats our beside themselves. They have no idea what this creature is or what to make of him. He chases them and barks at them and they just sit and watch - either eye to eye or perched on some chair.

I have to confess, Ms. Chloe, our female cat, is not fixed. Yes, turn me into Bob Barker. He's asked, begged and pleaded for years to get my pets spay or neutered and I swore to him I would - right after the Big Showdown. But here I sit. Guilty as charged. Forgive me Father but I have sinned. It's been nine months since we got this cat and I haven't taken her into the vet to get her tubes tied. Really (read excuse) it hasn't been much of an issue since she's in the house all the time. Our male cat is fixed so there doesn't seem to be anyone too interested in her. Until now...

Ms. Chloe has decided there is enough testosterone in this little pup of ours for her to make her move on him. She's not particular at this point. Just someone to help her get through ovulation time. Ms. Chloe is now posturing and crying everytime the pup comes in the room. The puppy is at a loss. He's just here to play but what is this posturing?

Of course, it doesn't take long. You know a boys gotta do what a boys gotta do! He bites her neck and tail and it just sends her to Heaven. She cries and postures and falls in love. Oh the beauty of new love.

Our boys can't figure out why the puppy is being so mean to the cat. I guess we'll tell them after the Maturity Film they see in 4th grade.

I promise Ms. Chloe, you will be fixed before Labor Day!




No comments: