Well, here we are with our first blog. Seems like January has got me by the tail and I'm stuck in the mud with the rest of the world moving by. Is it lack of sleep, lack of motivation, having my hands full with a two year old? Or just maybe, I've given up. I'm exhausted. I haven't slept through the night in over two years. I feel like I get my house clean only to look up and it's trashed again. My dishwasher is broken, I can't seem to get my Christmas tree down. My study, garage, game room, closet - all look like a trash dump. I can't figure out where to start first. My inclination is to just get in the car and drive off into the sunset - but, did I tell you how dirty my car is? Oye ve! Such is the life of a non-motivated mom and a house of four men.
Now, let me just tell you about all my blessings! I have a wonderful home. I have a wonderful family. There is a roof over our head and food on our table. Our friends are many and are enemies few. We are healthy, happy, loved and greatful. Our home is filled with laughter and I could not ask for more. Of course I always do. What is it with the human condition? Never to see all the good and be satsified but always wanting more. This is probably the reason we live in a great country of inventors and visionaries. We are always striving for more and better. We live in a free country where we can drive coast to coast without stopping at military check-points. We have stores full of food and clothes and everything else imaginable. We can worship God without persecution and feel safe at night where we sleep. We are truely blessed.
I'm currently reading Eat, Love, Pray. I haven't been able to put the book down. Some pages I read and feel like the author has looked deep into my brain/soul and pulled out the most private parts that I won't share - sometimes not even with myself. It's a great read and I would recommend it highly!
Okay, enough of my rambling. I need to finish my first cup of coffee and hopefully make some sense of my morning after the cobwebs are gone!
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment